Responsible for securing new business, developing and increasing sales within existing business and working within a strategic business unit (SBU) by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from trade shows, direct mail responses, dealer/wholesalers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
· Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
· Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
· Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
· Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
· Knowledge of MG business and processes to sell and secure new business.
· Builds and maintains customer’s relationships.
· Prepares reports of business transactions.
· Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
· Visits customers at their place of business to establish complete understanding of needs and to maximize sales opportunities.
· Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
· Travels to and attends trade shows and events.
· Assist SBU in development merchandise assortments for key accounts; estimating date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of MainGate’s production and delivery schedules.
· Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College. Four- five years of sales related experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
· Strong computer skills are a must. Use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and comfortable use of Internet is necessary.
· Must have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to understand and follow work processes.
· Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· The ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Proficient knowledge of MainGate’s systems, policies & procedures.
No supervisory responsibilities
Position requires spending long hours sitting using computers, entering data which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Must frequently lift and/or move merchandise bins & set up merchandise locations.
Must assist in physical inventories.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Personal protective equipment not required.
Position is located in a busy, open area office and is faced with constant interruptions.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Local Candidates only. There is no relocation package associated with this position.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Did you read the entire job description before applying?
2. Did you visit the https://www.MainGateinc.com website?
3. Do you have a Bachelor's degree and two years of related sales experience?
4. Do you have strong computer skills?
5. Are you able to meet the essential duties and responsibilities for this position?
6. Do you have inventory experience?
7. Can you travel to and attend trade shows and events?
8. What are your salary expectations for this position?
9. Does your resume show your B2B experience with securing new business, developing and increasing sales within an existing business?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ