Do you want a career in sports?
Are you looking for a full time career with great benefits and perks?
Are you looking for a career opportunity that involves traveling the country working high profile events like the Super Bowl, WrestleMania, the NFL Draft, Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix, and the entire NHRA Racing Series?
If so, this is the opportunity for you! We are looking to add two more event drivers to our team due to recent growth and promotion. Please review the job description below and then complete the application if interested. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to set up an initial phone call to discuss!
Drives diesel powered tractor-trailer combination/pick-up truck, gooseneck trailer combination/pick-up truck and tag trailer combination in an effort to transport merchandise to events. Assists with all activities for onsite merchandise sales, including necessary set-up and tear-down of equipment to service the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives semi-tractor/trailer to events.
- Inspects vehicles for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating their condition.
- Performing proper care and use/organization of all equipment (maintained (tires, general maintenance, etc.) and cleaned (wash/wax)) prior to, during and after the event.
- Maintains driver log according to I.C. regulations.
- Park trailers/equipment.
- Assists in loading and unloading merchandise at any locations.
- Attend events as needed. Will be present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing the event on the scheduled dates).
- Adhere to MainGate's policies and procedures associated with the event personnel.
- Assists in merchandise sales during the event including: movement of merchandise and assisting as additional support staff to assure maximization of sales at events.
- Record and verify merchandise movement with computer records.
- Assist in capturing of all sales records (POS & scanners) on all products sold by downloading handheld scanners, credit card machines.
- When deemed necessary, assist in the performance of physical inventory of all sales locations.
- Maintenance, set-up and teardown of event equipment and store structures.
- Maintenance and cleaning of company vehicles.
- Skilled to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates or four year college degree in business, management or related field, is preferred.
- Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License needed. (Training available at no cost to the employee!)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event. Be comfortable driving solo or with a team.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to speak effectively to event personnel and MainGate management.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, e-mail/Internet software and Excel Spreadsheet software.
- Class A CDL.
- Foundation knowledge on MainGate’s systems, policies and procedures.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and bend and move about the facility and/or other off-site locations.
- Works in a variety of different elements including: office, warehouse, outdoor, etc.
- Exposed to dust, odors, noise.
- Environment is not always climate controlled.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while working lengthy hours in any given day, week or event.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event?
2. Do you have a valid driver's license?
3. Are you able to move and/or lift up to 75 lbs frequently?
4. Are you able to sit, stand, walk and bend regularly to load and unload merchandise and/or equipment?
5. Are you able to obtain a Class A CDL if provided training at no cost to you?
6. In the past five (5) years, have you had any moving violations?
7. What are your salary expectations for this position?
8. This position is based out of Indianapolis, are you willing to relocate here if offered the position?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ