Attention: Road Warriors with vehicle maintenance/repair experience
Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing preventive vehicle maintenance, responding to general vehicle maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing vehicles and/or equipment on the road at retail and merchandising events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to service calls for equipment on the road
- Evaluates condition of equipment; updates the Driver and Equipment Manager regarding conditions
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Follows procedures to ensure all equipment is in working order. This includes following proper instructions to make sure specifications are met
- Drives semi-tractor/trailer to events
- Inspects vehicles for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating their condition
- Performing proper care and use/organization of all equipment (maintains tires, general maintenance, etc.) and cleans (wash/wax)) prior to, during and after the event
- Maintains driver log according to I.C. regulations
- Attend events as needed to perform maintenance on equipment and/or vehicles
- Maintenance and cleaning of company vehicles
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence
- May assist with maintenance, set-up and teardown of event equipment and store structures
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Two to three years of vehicle maintenance experience and equipment repair.
High School Diploma or equivalent education is required.
Training in a technical trade a plus, but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of electrical, electronics, mechanical equipment; diesel tractor-trailers
- Skilled to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating / maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Must be extremely organized
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret information from blueprints, diagrams, etc. a plus, but not required
Foundation knowledge on MainGate’s systems, policies and procedures.
General Safety rules, procedures and policies.
Class A CDL.
No supervisory responsibilities
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and bend and move about the facility and/or other off-site locations.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Proper protection may be required while performing specific tasks.
Works in a variety of different elements including: office, warehouse, outdoor. Environment is not always climate controlled. Exposed to dust, odors, noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while working lengthy hours in any given day, week or event.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Note: This position does not offer relocation assistance.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have two to three years of equipment repair on vehicles? Please review job description.
2. What are your salary expectations for this position?
3. Are you able to travel 20-25 weeks each year?
4. Do you have a valid driver's license?
5. Do you have a Class A CDL?
6. In the past five (5) years, do you have any points on your drivers' license?
7. This position requires you to move and/or lift up to 75 pounds. Can you meet this requirement?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ